Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Recipe: Gluten Free "Italian Bread Crumbs" and Gluten Free "Shaken-Bake Mix" ***Yummy***


Let me start with the fact that I Heather am Gluten Intolerant.  Do I follow a Gluten Free diet?  Absolutely Not!  Should I be following a Gluten Free diet?  Absolutely, if I was still living in the United States.  For some reason, Gluten doesn't have the same affect on me as it did before I moved down to Cuenca, Ecuador.  Or should a say down and up to Cuenca since Florida is north of us and at sea level.  Cuenca is at 8,400ft.  Maybe the elevation and/or the way they manufacture food here is the change.  Either way, I no longer swell or have difficulty breathing when I eat anything gluten. 

I do have two yummy recipes that my Cousin Janet and Aunt Kathy made and gave us as thoughtful and yummy homemade Christmas gifts.  They both were in beautiful clear glass jars and we used every crumb of them both.  Both items are Gluten Free and super easy to make.  We used them on chicken breasts, pork chops, in my secret recipe meatloaf, and many other ways.  Each and every time it was yummy, crunchy, and it covered the meat perfectly. 

Even though my Gluten Intolerance isn't troubling me I still do my best to limit the amount of gluten I consume.  These are recipes I will keep using.  Thanks, Janet and Kathy <3



Gluten Free "Italian Bread Crumbs

3 cups Corn Flake Crumbs
1/3 cup Parm/Romano Cheese {Kraft}
1 tsp Garlic Power
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp (heaping) Parsley {crush in hands}
1 tsp Oregano {crush in hands}
1 tsp Basil {crush in hands}
1 tsp Salt {I changed this to 2 teaspoons, wasn't enough salt for the family}
1/4 tsp Pepper

Mix all together, place in an airtight container.  Use as needed in place of bread crumbs.  It does not need to be refrigerated.  However, it will last longer if you store it in the refrigerator or freezer. 



Gluten Free "Shaken-Bake" Mix

1/4 cup Coconut Oil {melted}
1/4 cup Cornflake Cereal Crumbs
1 T Salt {I changed this to 1 and 1/2 teaspoons, wasn't enough salt for the family}
1 T Onion Flakes
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Ground Red Pepper/Cayenne Pepper {Scant, if your heat sensative}
1/2 tsp Oregano {Heaping and crush in hands}
1 tsp Parsley {crush in hands}
1/2 tsp Basil {Heaping and crush in hands}
1/2 tsp Ground Sage

Melt Coconut Oil in microwave approximately 20 seconds, set aside.  Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl.  Stir together.  Add in the melted oil.  Stir until thoroughly mixed.  Pour into container.  Store in the Freezer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment