Friday, February 12, 2016

Guys Road Trip to See the Yunguilla Valley, Ecuador






A few weeks ago, my landlords called and asked if I would like to take a look at a house they own in another part of Ecuador.  I readily accepted and off we drove to Yunguilla Valley, Ecuador.  After the trip to Vilcabamba, Ecuador I expected it to be twisty winding roads the entire way. I was pleasantly surprised that the drive was very nice with only the occasional serious twist in the road.  After about 40 minutes we arrived.






We made a few fast stops on the way to the house.  The first was at a little tia where Carlos shot in and out of the vehicle so rapidly that I didn't even see what he bought.  Our second stop however made it clear.  He had bought bread.  Our second stop was a local cheese maker.  The barrels held several different days of milk being changed into cheese. The finished product was just removed from the cheese cloth and was draining. A kilo was less than $3.00 And off to the house we went.












We arrived and I stuck my face into the camera and clicked away for about 10 minutes. The house has been used as a vacation home for the Culcay family but recently they decided they want to consider renting it out. I have no clue how many bedrooms there are at this point. I was far to busy taking photographs. I know they would consider renting the home for $500.00 unfurnished. The appliances and furniture are up for negotiation.


















I would like to be clear, this family cares. I have rented all but a short span of my life and I have NEVER EVER encountered any landlord that cares like they do. If you have an issue it gets addressed. They care about our happiness more than they seem to care about money.


No comments:

Post a Comment