Saturday, June 11, 2016

North Carolina...The Bowen Knot Family Have a New Place to Call Home!



We Love the Smoky Mountain's!!!
The Bowen Knot Family (Mama, Dan, Sasha, Zoey Bear, Bella Boo, Molly Moo Moo, Luna, and myself) have been on one wild adventure in the last 30 days.  On May 11, 2016 we flew out of Guayaquil, Ecuador, South America and landed in Miami, Florida, United States.  From there we rented a mini van and headed up to Orlando, FL to visit with family and friends.  While we were in Orlando, FL we were able to spend time with my sister Amanda, Aunt Susie, Uncle Sonny, our friend Janet, and my BFF Christie May.  Janet invited Dan and I to breakfast at Another Broken Egg in Lake Mary, FL.  She also asked Christie to join us and she was available. We had a wonderful and peaceful time.  It was great to be able to spend time with family and friends that love and missed us.  Thank you Janet for arranging breakfast and treating us.  {HUGS}
Clockwise:  Dan, Heather, Christie May, and Janet at "Another Broken Egg in Lake Mary, FL)
Time to switch gears!!!  Our family's plan was to buy a house and then buy an RV to see the beautiful sited and National Parks of the United States and Canada.  After the nightmare of house buying from Ecuador we decided that it would be in the best interest for our family to buy an RV then a house down the road.  The RV buying was a breeze and super easy.  All of us are thrilled and happy we bought our travel trailer "Bessie."  We found a wonderful RV Park and are Loving Our New Relaxed Life.   
 








We Bought an RV "Bessie"
We Just Finished Bessie's Inspection

Once we had our RV Bessie it was then time for Dan and I to go car shopping.  And believe me we were ALL excited to buy a vehicle.  While living in Ecuador we had a wonderful driver "Roman" but, that got expensive and we had to chill at home the better part of the last 15 months.  We are all road warriors and LOVE to take drives.  Well...Bella Boo is trying to be a warrior and she is getting better with each drive we take.  The first few drives she drooled and looked really car sick...kind of like me when I'm not driving.  I can turn a ugly shade of gray-green and usually toss my cookies.

Back to car buying.  Dan and I visited about 10 car dealerships and finally found our family the perfect cross-over vehicle a Toyota Venza that we call her Ruby.  She is roomy for human/furbabies, comfortable, has power for the mountains, she had a clean car fax, and she was low on miles "We will fix that Ruby!"
Our Alamo Rental Van
After buying Ruby on Friday in Hickory, NC we cleaning the furbabies hair out of the rental van and returning it to Asheville Regional Airport in Asheville, NC on Saturday night.

Front View:  Our Toyota Venza "Ruby"




It will be so nice when this rollercoaster finally stops and we can just relax at the RV Park or take some road trips.  Today Mama and I did some shopping for must have items, got prices for a postal box, and enjoyed a quick lunch at the Sunset Restaurant here in Franklin, NC.  The burgers were okay...but, there Strawberry Pie was AMAZING!  Thanks for the suggestion Goin Postal. We picked up some food at Ingles Grocery Store. Then back to the RV to finish organizing the RV and hopefully BBQ.  My body, mind, and spirit need to recuperate.  I'm sick of being exhausted and we are looking forward to eating at home again. We are all feeling yucky.  Missing the fresh foods we got used to in Ecuador.  All of us are looking forward to going to our local farmers markets and getting back to a healthier diet.
RV "Bessie" and Toyota Venza "Ruby"
The next day we attended our 1st Monthly RV Park Pot Luck Dinner.  We took a monster size pot of Sloppy Joes, Buns, and Baked Beans.  When we showed up everyone said how much they loved my new red wagon "Radio."  Thanks, Dan for getting her for me.  I Love Her!  The full-timers that attended the potluck were all quiet and antisocial and the food was okay.  Within 45 minutes of the potluck start time everyone had dinner, dessert, packed up, left, and the place was all cleaned up.  Dan and I stayed and played pool for a while. And then Mama and I finished the night by chilling and watching Apple TV while Dan read a book.



Post Pot Luck:  Mama and Dan Chilling in the Recreation


Heather and Her Red Wagon "Radio"

We Are So Excited!!!  We Took Our First Day-Drive!  Dan, Candy, Sasha, Zoey Bear, Bella Boo and myself enjoyed a drive to Gatlinburg, TN to check out all the changes in the area since we last visited in 2009.  We left the RV Park in Franklin, NC at 2pm and returned home at about 10pm.  Our thoughts on the Gatlinburg, TN area?  The area has grown...But, it also looks like loads of fun. We all can't wait to visit again. 



Mr. and Mrs. Dan Harley Bowen Chilling in the Smokies!!!

Dan...Finally, a Smile!


Here comes Heather's Gluten Face :-)

Great Smoky Mountains National Park, NC

My Beautiful Mama :-)

Heather is Lovin' Life


LadyBug :-D

Dan...Not, Smiling :-|

Heather :-)

I Love This Picture of My Mountain Hubby :-)

Heather is Excited to Be Near Gatlinburg, TN and the Apple Barn
Mama Bear :-)

Gatlinburg, TN
King Kong Better Leave Cracker Barrel Alone LOL
King Kong
Oh my gosh, I almost forgot we visited the Apple Barn.  Apple Butter, Milk Chocolate Pecan Caramel Clusters, and Country Ham...Lovin' It, here!

Apple Barn Here Heather Comes :-)
Dan's 1st Time to Apple Barn
OMGosh...Fried Apple Pies
Salt Water Taffy
Candy Stick Heaven!!!
Apple Trees, Apple Trees, and More Apple Trees
Yummy!  Yummy!  Yummy!
It Just Gets Better and Better!
Back Away...Dan!  $8.99 for 1/2 a pound!  Spendy!

Childhood Memories!

Not Surprised! Gluten and me did not get along before we moved to Ecuador, South America.  Down there I was not restricted in any way.   I could eat breads, pastas, pizza, and more without swelling, water retention, and breathing problems. Well over the last 3 weeks we have been eating out and honestly I chose not to be careful and consumed the foods I love, missed, and craved. Now, I'm paying a price for those carefree actions.  Puffy Face has Returned!  I am a smart girl and I need to figure this out.

Heather "Gluten Girl" Bowen

Yesterday, I was asked if I miss anything about living in Ecuador. My answer is: I miss a few amazing friends. Plus, I miss how I physically felt and the freedom I had to eat Gluten Free (Gluten is processed differently down there), GMO Free, High Fructose Free, Pesticide Free, and Produce Prices. Here in the USA to eat that way it will cost us a boat load of dough!!!

Dan...Surprise Mama and me with tickets to see "The Little Mermaid, the Broadway Musical!" Thank you, Dan we are beyond excited to see it in July! {HUGS}


Family Day Drive #2!  We headed towards Highlands and Cashiers, NC and ended up driving through Brevard, NC.  We had a greasy lunch at the Cardinal Drive-In in Brevard, NC.  Greasy = the BEST Onion Rings, Ever!  Next time we want to try the Strawberry Milkshake or the Chocolate Malt Milkshake.  We are loving all the drive options we have around here.  We also passed The Whistle Stop for the 1st time on the way to Highlands, NC and we are looking forward to stopping by and visiting my Best Friend Denise's mom Fay.









Another Enjoyable and Fun Filled Day!  I think I might need to find a new way to say that!  We enjoyed a Beef Brisket, Fries, Baked Beans, and Ice Cold Sweet Tea lunch at Willy's Bar.B.Que.

 






Next we headed to the Whistle Stop Depot to visit with Fay. We haven't been able to get together with my BFF Denise and her Sweetie Pie David, yet.  I'm really missing her tons and tons!

"The Ant" at The Whistle Stop Depot

Whistle Stop Depot



The Whistle Stop Depot here in Franklin, NC is HUGE and FILLED with LOTS of GREAT items. I found a beautiful wine & cheese basket that Dan and I can use on Date-Day-Drives and loads of Old Time Candies.

Heather's Wine and Cheese Basket

Gama Goat Thingy LOL








Old Fashioned Candies!!!

Love this Caboose at Whistle Stop Depot

Our last stop was Happy Dazes Donuts. We then headed home so I could do laundry and Dan could work on the Furbabies outside kennel. It is looking amazing. Pictures coming soon.

Happy Dazes Donut's

3 comments:

  1. So very Happy for all of you....we Loved it when we were Happy Campers...so much to see and so many places to go...Enjoy...Big hugs to ya'll (OOOOOOOOOO)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your diet...you'll figure it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fyi none of the fb pages work for me... :'(

    ReplyDelete