Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy 1st Anniversary, Heather...Love, Dan

Our Beautiful Wedding Cake That Heather Made and Her Amazing Flowers Candice Made.
We Had Such a Wonderful Wedding Day!
We have packed 9 bags, so far for the move to Cuenca, Ecuador and it looks another 3 or 4 bags might be needed.  And we pared down so much!  I would have sworn that we could have it all done with only our allotted 9 x 70lbs bags.  Just Scary!

Today is a very special day for Heather and I.  It's not only a holiday (St. Patrick's Day) but it is also our First Wedding Anniversary.  We were Married in Cocoa Beach, Florida USA by our Best Friend Christie.

Heather and I were reviewing and talking about all the stress and tough times we faced during the last year.  My fight to regain my daughters and/or get to spend some time with them.  The move we did to bring my belonging's from Cheyenne to Orlando.  The move from Orlando, FL to Hernando, FL.  Our round-trip driving trip from Florida to Colorado to fight for my girls.  The loss of custody of my daughters.  And then my ex-wife refusing to allow me any communication with Emma and Danielle.   Plus, we were court ordered to begin reintegration therapy between Emma and Danielle and myself/Heather.  Our deciding to not move to Washington or Oregon but to Ecuador.  My Health Issues and Surgery.  The list goes on and on.

Then add to all of that the stress of two people who have known each other from as far back as when we were 15 and 16.  Plus, as adults in our 40's we are set in our own ways on how to do things.  We are discovering how to live with each other.  We try to grow, show each other our love, and it seems that everyday we both have to work on some part of our marriage.  Granted, it is work and sometimes neither of us wants to work on it.  There are times when we just want all of life's stresses to just go away.

We also have the added stress of my mother-in-law living with us, as well.  That's not a bad thing mind you, it just means we both have to consider her opinion in everything we discuss. In a way I feel that I married both of them.  Like it or not they did come attached.  Now, Candy is a blast to be around and she is very wise.  She acts as a good go between for us when we don't always have the same views.

Our required nightly reward for Heather and I is when we get to hold each other and talk for hours. We both feel like those teenagers that used to kiss and talk on that grassy hill behind Heather's townhouse in Winter Park, Florida.  It makes all the effort and work that our marriage requires, so worthwhile.

Another observation, I married my first wife for all the wrong reasons.  I definitely married the wrong woman, as well.  She was extremely immature and her only focus in life and the marriage was on herself, not the family unit.  There were a lot of things that I got wrong during that first marriage.  I learned a lot from it no matter how bad it was and yeah, I do own a lot of what happened.  But, this time I hit a gold mine.  I have finally found what I wanted for my whole life.  A partner that understands what it means to work together to be stronger.  It's the greatest thing I have ever experienced in life.

You could offer me vast amounts of money, or a supermodel...and I would just laugh at the offer.  It's not money, or anything else but love that makes this work. I finally found my soul mate.  I love you Heather, I always will!  Happy 1st Anniversary!  Dan

Our Unity Sand
White = Bride:  Heather
Blue = Groom:  Dan
Seashells = Our Officiant:  Christie



1 comment:

  1. I am so honored to have been a small part of your special day. Candy and Heather are a great combo and you are lucky to have them both in your life, as am I. I am going to miss all three of you so much! I love this blog. It is honest! Dan, you really hit the jackpot with Heather. She is a very special person and I am privileged to call her my best friend! Take care of each other. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete