Monday, December 15, 2014

Disney's Very Merry Christmas Party in Orlando, FL USA on December 9, 2014 (Picture Heavy Post!)




Happy Holidays!
Finally, it’s Christmastime at Walt Disney World! I have been wanting to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for about 14 years. I went many moons ago, well before I moved to Alaska in 2000. Life was crazy back then preparing for that move and once again we are crazy getting ready to move to Ecuador. There was NO WAY that I was going to miss the chance to go this time. My sister Amanda and I purchased tickets in the middle of November since its normally a completely sold out nightly event. And yes, it was sold out the night we were able to go.
The party starts at 7:00pm and ends at 12:00am.  However, Disney does allow people to enter the park at 4:00pm at no additional charge. 
 I was planning to head out from Hernando, FL at 1:00pm...That was the plan!!! Dan walked me out to our truck to kiss me goodbye. I turned on the truck and the dashboard looked like something out of Star Wars. Dan yelled turn the truck off after he saw the dash. He opened up the hood and we were shocked at what we saw. I'll let Dan fill in those details in as soon as we get the truck back from the shop!
At about 1:30pm, I was finally able to head out to meet up with Amanda.
*~*~*~*~*~*

First off, let me start by saying Disney World sets up the most beautiful decorations.











We went to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party on the 9th of December. 
Now, between the hours of 4:00pm-7:00pm, Disney allows early entry to all MVMCP ticket holders.  We got into the park at about 4:15pm and this allowed Amanda and I the chance to fit in all but one of the rides we wanting to do.  The lines were about 20 minutes or less.  Now, the signs out in front of most of all rides said 50 minutes or more.  I think they wanted the daytime people out of the park, so they left the signs with long times. That is my personal opinion!




The first thing we did was the Carousel of Progress, as it was going to be closed during MVMCP. Then we rode the PeopleMover, Peter Pan, It's a Small World, and the new Snow White Mine ride "Which is an Awesome Ride, I Loved it." 















Then we stopped to see the stage shows, Celebrate the Magic, A Frozen Holiday Wish, the new castle lighting ceremony, and Holiday Wishes-Celebrate the Spirit of the Season Fireworks Display. The Celebrate the Magic show is so beautiful with Elsa lighting & icing the castle. Seeing Tinkerbell fly through the night sky was a nice element.

 We had a hard time seeing the Celebrate the Magic show which is all about how different countries celebrate the holidays and they use classic Christmas songs to get the crowd involved.


We were hungry so Amanda and I decided to take a break and get some dinner. Not much is offered during the party so Amanda selected a Pork Sandwich with Fries and I had Chicken Nuggets with Fries at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland.





Next, it was time for Celebrate the Magic where we could see Cinderelle's Castle transform into a spectacular canvas of shapes, colors, and scenes and then Holiday Wishes Fireworks Display. 
 This years holiday nightly party debuted Olaf….he is now apparently 5' ft tall...?








 





























We roamed around the park and enjoyed free cookies and hot chocolate.


Prior to me leaving the house Dan and I had talked about me picking out a special ornament for both of my step-daughters Emma and Danielle.  So while Amanda was holding a front row spot for the parade, I ducked into the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square and picked out one ornament for each of them. I wanted to pick out ones that would be sturdy enough for the move. Each got a beautiful and fun Metal Mickey Ears ornament with Jingle Bells inside, they seemed perfect and super cute for both of them.






Since we had decided to watch the second “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime” Parade, in Frontierland, we were able to get a front row spot.  It was fun to be able to interact with some of the characters and to be able to breathe in the different scents the floats released as they went by!


















After the parade, we headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean to see Johnny Depp. Then we headed back towards Main Street. We walked through a few shops and I saw LOTS of stuff I wanted to buy. However, all I kept thinking was, “We are moving and do I really need this!” 
In the end, I bought 2 Cute & Yummy Rice Krispie treats and two ornaments for the girls.



As we walked toward the exit, it began to snow. Disney truly is a magical place. 
 I Love You, Sis. I wouldn't have changed a thing about our trip!!!








 







1 comment: