Saturday, December 27, 2014

Our Family's Christmas Day Wrap Up! (Picture Heavy Post)

We had a Wonderful Christmas this Year.  Dan and I celebrated our first Christmas since we got married.  My sister was able to spend some of the day with us.  That was amazing and something that will not happen once we move as she works in retail and always has to work during the holidays.  We will just have to come up and see her and the family from time to time during the holidays.

I was up until 3am Christmas Eve night cooking some of the holiday dishes.  With mom working night shift we eat dinner early in the morning.  We waited for Amanda to arrive around 11am, she has been sick and we wanted her to try to catch up on her rest.  We ate about Noon.  This year it was super easy to fix dinner since for the first time we opted to purchase our Ham & Turkey Breast from Honey Baked Hams.  If I had known how much easier dinner would have been I would have done that years ago.  Dan was only able to eat 4 ounces and he for the most part nibbled his food.


For dinner we had:
  • Honey Baked Ham
  • Roasted Turkey
  • Homemade Mashed Potatoes
  • Homemade Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
  • Corn Souffle
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Stove Top Stuffing (Chicken Flavor)
  • Homemade Turkey Gravy
  • Cranberry Sauce with Whole Cranberries
  • Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream
  • Pecan Pie with Whipped Cream
  • Sweet Iced Tea

After dinner, Dan opened up his knife and I opened up my new Canon Rebel T5 camera and my new replacement wedding band.  My birthstone is Sapphire and Dan knows just how much I wanted a Sapphire and Diamond band.  He did a great job picking out my gifts.  Sorry for the blurry ring pictures. When I get a few minutes I'll use my new camera to take a better picture.  






At around 2pm, Amanda headed back to Orlando, FL and mom headed to bed to try to get some sleep.  Mom ended up working Christmas Eve and Christmas Night.  Dan and I cleaned up and relaxed until it got dark and then we headed out to see some Christmas Lights in Beverly Hills, FL. Not many lights anywhere in our area.  We searched and searched and this is all we saw.



















We Hope Everyone Had an Amazing Holiday!!!

Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment