Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Our Carnival Liberty Mini-Honeymoon Cruise Review: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - Day 4 - Half Moon Cay, Bahamas CANCELLED (Picture Heavy Post)

First off...Mom's Coney Island Drive-Inn Review:  Mom thought that the food was really plain, tasteless/bland, and nothing special.  She did however enjoy the Fresh Squeezed Lemonade.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

WOO HOO!  Today, we are stopping at a new port for me.  I have taken several cruises and I've never stopped at a private cruise lines port before.  I'm So Excited...Half Moon Ca................................wait Heather don't get to excited!  

The ship arrived at Half Moon Cay at 8:00am and at 8:15am the Captain had already decided that the water was to rough and that he was cancelling the port.  

The Captain choose to ax the port and not look for another port of call.  He announced at 8:15am that we were going to have an extra sea day.  To say that Dan and I were disappointed would be an understatement.  This was our only beach break option and the only time we were going to be able to put our feet in the ocean.  Just Sad :-(

Letter About the Cancelled Port from the Captain
(see the picture above:  it wasn't that rough and it wasn't windy, at all...Lies Lies and More Lies)

We were already showered and were ready to head ashore so we adjusted our plans and went up to the Lido Buffet for breakfast.

Cereal Options

more Cereal Options

 Moo Milks

 ChocoMoo Milks

 Buffet #1

Buffet #2

 Bread section

 Germ area "in my opinion"

Yummy!!!

 Cold Cuts, Cheeses, and Fruit

We Loved All the Fresh Fruits

After breakfast, we decided to go back down to our cabin to read the books we brought with us and to play our favorite games on our Kindle Fire HDX's.  However, we both ended up falling asleep for a few hours. Life at home with all the planning has been exhausting so being able to relax and sleep was something both of us really needed.  When we woke us we ordered Room Service for lunch.  We ordered our favorites:



  • 1 Ham and Cheese Sandwich on soft white bread with No Side
  • 1 Chicken Fajita, Guacamole with Greens in a Jalapeno & Tomato Wrap with No Side
  • 1 Grilled Cheese Sandwich on white with Potato Salad
  • 1 Fruit Salad
  • 1 Assorted Veggie Sticks with Blue Cheese Dip
  • 2 Waters
After lunch, we decided to check our Stateroom Folio account on the TV to see what our balance was, so far.  I had asked during booking for them not to charge us tips as we prefer to hand tips over to the staff.  That way we're sure they and their families benefit from the tip and not the cruise lines. Well we were charges the tips and we had to go down to guest services to get them to remove the fees.

They charged us (based on both of us):
  • Team Dining Services 5@ $12.18 = $60.90
  • Cabin Steward 5 @ 7.82 = $39.10
  • Alternative Services 5 @ $4.00 = $20.00

Dan suggested we go to the cafe and get some "GOOD" coffee.  I was sold on that idea!  

Jardins Cafe Bar

Jardins Cafe Bar
Some of the Dessert options

While our coffees were being made I started to look to see if they had any yummy looking desserts and they actually had a few.  It was easy for me to pick since I love love love White Chocolate.  Dan was super sweet and let me pick which ever one I really wanted.  So, I picked the Tall Tower Wrapped White Chocolate White Forest Cake with European Cream and Cherry Filling.  In my 43 years, I can honest say it was the BEST DESSERT that I have ever had in my entire life.  Dan enjoyed the 2 bites that I gave him LOL.

Tall Tower Wrapped White Chocolate White Forest Cake with European Cream and Cherry Filling.
$2.59 + Tip = $5.00
Coffees were $5.89 + Tip = $9.00

My Wonderful Hubby Smiling in Our Stateroom

We chilled in our quiet room and watched TV and then showered and got ready for dinner.  This was the last night that we were planning to have dinner in the dining room.

* Appetizer *
Cannellonni 
-Ricotta, Spinach, and Parmesan Cheese-
"We Both Picked This"

* Entree *
BBQ Pork Spareribs w/Baked Beans and Corn Bread
"Dan Picked"

* Entree *
Fried Chicken w/Mashed Potatoes & Gravy and Carrots
"Heather Picked"

* Dessert *
Buttered Pecan Ice Cream
"Dan Picked"

* Dessert *
S'mores Mousse with Graham Crackers Topped with Toasted Marshmallow
"Heather Picked"

After dinner, we took a walk and had a few professional photo shoots done.  We have more talent taking pictures in the tip of our pinky fingers than all of the Carnival photographers we encountered on the Liberty put together.  Example.  They had us taking all kinds of dorky prop photos.  We wanted nice frame-able photos. 

Again, we opted not to see the movies up on Big "Sea" Screen.  They were showing "The Other Woman" and "The Vow."  So we headed back down to our cabin.

When we got back to the cabin and before I got changed into something more comfortable ...Dan took several pictures of me.  His were a million times better than the one's Carnival took.  Oh, and they didn't cost us $21.95 each.  

Our Room :-)

Heather After Dinner

Dan Loved My Dress <3

Dan Loves This Smile :-)

I am Gluten Intolerant and I did NOT follow my diet at all during the cruise and my swelling was in full swing.  We could see that each addition day of the cruise I was getting more and more puffy. Add that Swelling to my Chubby and I was not a happy camper.  Plus, at this point, I was starting to face breathing difficulties.  I love gluten and I can't seem to get a handle on my cravings.  I hope I can finally made a life change soon.  Gluten is ruining my life and how I feel daily.    

Our Nightly "Frog" Towel Baby

Tomorrow is another Fun Day at Sea!

To Be Continued.....                            

No comments:

Post a Comment